Integrated logistics is critical to successful parts and equipment procurement. Most service providers in the parts location industry in the US use the manufacturer’s or parts supplier’s inland USA transport vendor to their facility, tender their purchases to the customer’s designated freight forwarder who in turn consigns the shipment to the customer’s customs broker. Each service provider submits his charges and the customer winds up dealing with 3 different companies and paying more for transportation. The process is rarely integrated.
SkyPartsUSA™ was formed by former head buyers and managers of a parts locator service with the idea of partnering with an experienced logistics network in the US and Latin America. The combination of these experienced persons will ensure that our customers will have only one source that will handle the following components of any customer order:
1. Receive Purchase Inquiry
2. Locate parts suppliers
3. Obtain Supplier Quotations
4. Obtain customer purchase order
5. Place order with supplier
6. Arrange inland transport to SkyParts warehouse in Miami, Florida
7. Preparation of customs & US Export Compliance documentation
8. Coordinate international transport via Air or Ocean
9. Coordinate customs clearance and duty payments
10. Handle delivery to the customer’s location
SkyParts has developed its own customer friendly technology – a customized order tracking system - PartsTrac™. The PartsTrac™ platform tracks each of the above segments to ensure an organized and controlled purchasing process.